Social media is everywhere. It controls how we interact with friends and family, how we find out about important news, how we do business and even how we get a job. It has become so engrained in our lives that businesses need to have social media friendly websites to be successful.
Website users expect websites they access to allow them to easily share any content they like on other social media platforms. Gone are the days of saving links to your email and sending them out to everyone you know. If we like something we see, we expect to be able to pass it on by the click of a button.
This is where social media plugins come into play. Social media plugins should encourage your viewers to share your content with others on their personal social media profiles. While search engines are still number one for website traffic, social media ranks number 2 and is still rising. Its popularity reaches worldwide and has opened a whole new realm of possibilities for small businesses.
Your influence on the social media world will partly be determined by the social media plugins you have integrated in your website. Social media traffic plays a huge role in a websites’ success. The plugins highlighted in this article are all about social media and will help to boost your social media presence.
- Social Media Feather: This plugin allows you to add social following features to your posts, pages and sites. The claim behind it is that it is very “lightweight” and won’t add any extra burden to your side. This plug in can be used for all major social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Floating Social Media Icon: This plugin can have a great impact on your site because it links the social media icons to your social media profiles. You can configure it to float or not float on your visitors screen depending on your preferences.
- GetSocial: This is a verticle box that appears on the side of the page and has icons for different social media platfroms. The platforms it features are Facebook, Digg, Google+, etc.
- Lockerz Share: Gaining a following is extremely important to the welfare of a website, this why plugins such as Lockerz Share are important. This plugin allows people to subscribe to your site.
- Social Media Tabs: If people view your site regularly, this is a good plugin to get them interested in your social media profiles. This plug in allows you have tabs for your different social media accounts and shows the feed so your readers can see what your most recent posts are. It allows for a lot of flexibility such as the placement, size and determining how many posts you want to have shown.
- Gravity Forms: This allows readers to get in contact with the blog owner. It’s easy to set, you just copy and paste, there’s no code writing.
- Buddy Press: This is a way for your viewers to create profiles and get in contact with one another. It allows you create a small social media community within your followers.